Joseph Loconte, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of History at The King's College in New York City, where he teaches courses on Western Civilization, U.S. Foreign Policy, and International Human Rights. He previously served as a Distinguished Visiting Professor at Pepperdine University's School of Public Policy. He has also served as Senior Fellow and co-director of the Evangelicals and Civic Life program at the Ethics & Public Policy Center in Washington, D.C. He was named a Senior Fellow of the Trinity Forum in 2005.
Mr. Loconte has been a frequent contributor to print and broadcast media. For ten years he was a monthly commentator on religion and the public square for National Public Radio's All Things Considered. His other media appearances include the BBC, CNN, MSNBC, Fox News, and Aljazeera Television. In 2007 he co-hosted Britain and America, a weekly political program on the London-based 18 Doughty Street, the UK's first internet-television program. His commentary has appeared in The New York Times, The Times of London, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, The Weekly Standard, The New Republic, The American Interest, National Review, and Books and Culture. He is a regular contributor to The Huffington Post and the London-based Standpoint.
Mr. Loconte is the author of several books, including God, Locke, and Liberty: The Struggle for Religious Freedom in the West (Lexington Press, 2014); The Searchers: A Quest for Faith in the Valley of Doubt (Thomas Nelson, 2012); and The End of Illusions: Religious Leaders Confront Hitler's Gathering Storm (Rowman & Littlefield, 2004.)
Mr. Loconte has a master's degree from Wheaton College and earned his Ph.D. in history at King's College London, University of London. A native of Brooklyn, N.Y., he divides his time between New York City and Washington, D.C.
Find more information about Mr. Loconte at www.josephloconte.com.
Publications and Scholarly Work
- Christianity and Human Rights Christians and the Struggle for Global Justice (2009)
- The End of Illusions: Religious Leaders Confront Hitler's Gathering Storm (2004)
- God, Locke, and Liberty: The Struggle for Religious Freedom in the West (2016)
- A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-1918 (2015)
- The Searchers: A Quest for the Faith in the Valley of Doubt (2012)
- Seducing the Samaritan: How Government Contracts Are Reshaping Social Services (1997)
- Toward an Evangelical Public Policy: Political Strategies for the Health of the Nation (2005)