Job Opening: Director of Development, The Trinity Forum
Location: 1015 18th Street, NW Suite 201 Washington, DC 20036
The Trinity Forum
The Trinity Forum is a non-profit organization that cultivates, curates, and disseminates the best of Christian thought leadership, and offers a space and resources for leaders to engage the big questions of life in the context of faith.
The Trinity Forum was established in 1991, but our activities and impact have grown substantially in recent years, with a growing community of people, throughout the U.S. (and even beyond), who are enthusiastic about our unique offerings and eager to participate. Our current support is a healthy mix of major donors (including members of our Trinity Forum Society at various giving levels), sponsors of particular events, and philanthropic foundations. Building on this opportunity, we seek a full-time Director of Development who can develop, lead and execute a strategy to resource and sustain continued organizational growth.
The Director of Development position
The Director of Development will develop, lead and execute our fundraising and donor engagement strategy. Working in close collaboration with our President, and building on our existing donor base, the Director will create and implement creative approaches for expanding and deepening our circle of supporters. Duties will include holding a portfolio of major donor relationships, which are seen as an important growth area.
Candidates must have demonstrated fundraising, strategic, relational, and communications skills, including the ability to craft and execute a strategy, develop major donor relationships and lead solicitation efforts, manage annual mail campaigns, draft development communications, and proactively create and enhance opportunities to initiate and deepen donor relationships.
– Develop, lead and execute a Trinity Forum strategic fundraising plan;
– Build relationships with and cultivate major donors and prospects;
– Direct prospect research and identify new sources of funding;
– Manage and grow membership relationships and benefits within the Trinity Forum Society;
– Oversee and develop foundation grant proposals;
– Oversee gift processing and donor database development;
– Maintain accurate accounting of contributions, and work with the Trinity Forum accountant to ensure reporting accuracy;
– Work with colleagues to maximize the development potential of events and initiatives, as well as of communications initiatives; and
– Other duties as requested.
The Director will be able to rely on support from an Events and Development Coordinator with primary responsibility for donor database management. In addition, there will be opportunities to engage part-time contract staff focusing on particular areas, such as grant writing and other identified needs.
– 10+ years of relevant donor or member development experience, demonstrating a progression in responsibility and impact.
– Expertise in applying strategic and innovative thinking to craft ambitious fundraising strategies and campaigns, and in marshaling organizational assets to execute them successfully.
– Experience in directly making asks and closing commitments.
– Ability to coordinate work of part-time and remote-work development team members and contractors.
– Excitement about the Trinity Forum’s mission and vision, adherence to our Statement of Faith, and commitment to our values.
– A work style that is conscientious, energetic, attentive to details, problem-solving, and willing to contribute not only to fundraising, but also to the larger Trinity Forum team.
– Strong interpersonal skills, with a high level of professionalism, humility, and collegiality.
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three or more references to email@example.com. We would also appreciate past fundraising reports or growth metrics.
The Trinity Forum is looking for interns interested in working at our Washington, DC headquarters.
Internships offer qualified applicants an extraordinary opportunity to be mentored by staff, as well as pursue independent projects, to fulfill the mission and initiatives of the Trinity Forum.
We especially seek candidates with skills and interest in one or more of the following areas: web/print design; social media; marketing; fundraising; database management; video-editing; writing & research.
While the specific dates of our internships are flexible, we typically have spring, summer, and fall internships that each last for 3-4 months. We also have a special winter internship that usually lasts from early December through early to mid January. Depending on the season, interns can work part-time or full-time hours and will be paid a small stipend.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Interested parties should submit:
– A resume;
– A cover letter detailing your education, experience, and interest in a Trinity Forum internship;
– One brief writing sample;
– Contact information for three references.
Please submit materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are grateful to the numerous volunteers that make our events possible. Join our team for one of our upcoming events and you will get a behind the scenes experience and learning opportunity.
Each event we need assistance at our registration table, greeting and assisting guests, and helping with book sales. Volunteers are able to attend and listen to the event and participate in the discussion.
Contact us at email@example.com or 202.944.9881 to get involved!