Communications and Marketing Director position description:
The Trinity Forum seeks a full-time Communications and Marketing Director to develop and execute communication and marketing strategy, manage social media and podcast production, manage marketing efforts for publications and resources, and drive awareness of and involvement with Trinity Forum’s content, programs and mission. The position will report to the President.
– Develop and direct execution of a comprehensive communications strategy to broaden and deepen the reach and impact of Trinity Forum’s content and programs.
– Design, plan, and coordinate Trinity Forum communications efforts, including maximizing the impact of events, creating a marketing strategy for bookstore offerings, and overseeing social media efforts.
– Develop and write appropriate releases, reports, and updates for media and broader Trinity Forum audience.
– Oversee production and promotion of the Trinity Forum podcast.
– Create a strategy for strengthening brand identity with Trinity Forum Society members.
-Measure and evaluate strength of outreach efforts in an organization with a growth-mindset.
-Promote and cultivate brand identity; oversee the creation of digital, video, audio and print content
-Manage media relations and develop and execute plan for engaging press.
– Develop marketing and press strategies for new organizational initiatives and speaking engagements.
-Create budget for communications.
– Participate in team building and organizational goal-setting.
-Other duties as requested.
– Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred.
– 7-15 years of relevant communications-related work experience.
– Applicants should be highly conscientiousness, energetic, attentive to details, a self-starter, and an independent problem-solver, willing to contribute not only to communications, but also to a team committed to the mission of the Trinity Forum.
– Strategic and innovative thinking in creating a new and comprehensive traditional and social media plan for the Trinity Forum a must, as is an orientation towards execution.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with editorial experience are vital.
– In addition, applicants should have strong interpersonal skills, and display a high level of professionalism in all of their interaction with Trinity Forum constituents and associates.
– Other helpful skills include knowledge of media platforms such as InDesign, Photoshop, podcasting software, search engine marketing and Google Analytics, and strong writing and proofreading skills.
Application instructions: Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three or more references to Callie Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate sample work such as social media handles or website or graphic design contributions.
The Trinity Forum is looking for interns interested in working at our Washington, DC headquarters.
Internships offer qualified applicants an extraordinary opportunity to be mentored by staff, as well as pursue independent projects, to fulfill the mission and initiatives of the Trinity Forum.
We especially seek candidates with skills and interest in one or more of the following areas: web/print design; social media; marketing; fundraising; database management; video-editing; writing & research.
While the specific dates of our internships are flexible, we typically have spring, summer, and fall internships that each last for 3-4 months. We also have a special winter internship that usually lasts from early December through early to mid January. Depending on the season, interns can work part-time or full-time hours and will be paid a small stipend. We are also currently allowing for some remote internship opportunities.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Interested parties should submit:
– A resume;
– A cover letter detailing your education, experience, and interest in a Trinity Forum internship;
– One brief writing sample;
– Contact information for three references.
Please submit materials to Callie Walker at email@example.com.
We are grateful to the numerous volunteers that make our events possible. Join our team for one of our upcoming events and you will get a behind the scenes experience and learning opportunity.
Each event we need assistance at our registration table, greeting and assisting guests, and helping with book sales. Volunteers are able to attend and listen to the event and participate in the discussion.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.944.9881 to get involved!