- Date: February 24, 2021
- Tags: #2021 Podcasts
On Friday, September 25 we had the privilege of hosting best-selling author, thought leader, and Harvard Business and Kennedy School professor Arthur Brooks for an Online Conversation on “Redeeming a Culture of Contempt.” In his book, Love Your Enemies Brooks blends cutting-edge behavioral research and ancient wisdom to offer a better way to bridge divides and mend relationships. Brooks helps us to think about practical ways we can choose to love those we disagree with—to will their good and be agents of redemption and reconciliation amidst a divisive time.
Resources mentioned during the conversation:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Sermon on Matthew 5:44
- Robert Putnam, Bowling Alone
- Letter from Birmingham Jail, a Trinity Forum Reading by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Long Walk to Freedom, a Trinity Forum Reading by Nelson Mandela
- David Brooks, The Social Animal
- Trinity Forum Evening Conversation with Robert George and Cornel West in Nashville, TN
- Trinity Forum Evening Conversation with Arthur Brooks and Justin Giboney in Washington, D.C.